Wednesday, 29 January 2014

[sneak peek]

As the rest of the house is a bit of a tip I can only show a sneak peak of some of the bits I've already made for our home. Our lovely new sofa is in, with a few cushions [made and bought], along with the plain wooden clock that I'm itching to customise. Got some ideas in mind but no time [excuse the pun]!



My favourite is the pine trees cushion, which I saw on Sylizimo's blog and just had to copy. I love By Nord's cushions but at £45 a pop I can't justify buying one. So the idea to use their £13[ish] tea towels as the cushion front is genius! I bought a couple of other tea towels in the sale that I haven't gotten around to sewing up yet, so check back soon for that...I also got the inspiration for the elephant cushion from Stylizimo and made one in black as well. The yellow cushions are a mix of tie-dye and dip dye. They were plain canvas cushion covers from H&M that I dyed using Dylon hand-dye. They turned out pretty well I think, it was hard not to get carried away tie-dying everything I own! If you want to give it a go, there's a nice dip dying tutorial here. It takes a bit of patience and my top tip is to wet the fabric first so that the colour seeps up it gradually; dip it in bit by bit, a little at a time, until you've reached the line you want the colour to stop. Tie-dying is a lot simpler and instructions to do 'stripes' can be found here.P.S. The throw shown here is actually a scarf from H&M [currently in stores for £9.99] but I have too many scarves and had to justify buying it as a 'throw' in order to feel less guilty about taking it home!

No comments:

Post a Comment